Saturday, 13 July 2013

D L Richardson's street team promo buttons

I have discovered something new. Pixlr. I've no idea what it is, but I will of course Google it right now and find out how a street team member made some wonderful promotional buttons for me.

Right, now that I've disappeared for a few seconds and Googled Pixlr, I've discovered it is a free online image editor space. What inspired me to check out Pixlr? One of my "An Ex-Muso's Street Team" members created promo buttons as part of her street team promo. I love them.

Pixlr looks simple to use, even a novice like me should be able to create promo buttons. In the meantime, I'll share with you the images created by Ashley. 





The designer of these buttons is Ashley. She runs a blog called Book Marks The Spot. She is often called "Ryan" though you'll have to read her blog to find out why.

For her efforts, Ashley will receive a little gift in the mail shortly. If you'd like to join "An Ex-Muso's Street Team" and earn little rewards for your promo efforts, check out the below.

About street teams:
The street team is a phenomenon rooted in the music world, where fans are so committed that for nothing more than the love of the band they will gladly do the grassroots marketing that big companies have to pay even bigger money for – leveraging social media, word of mouth “advertising”, postering or even the mundane chores of helping the band set up or sell tickets. The pay-back is being in the trusted inner circle for a beloved band.​

About "An Ex-Muso's Street Team":
For a very long time I sang in a choir or in front of a band. When I left school, I helped form a rock band and I played bass and sang lead vocals. That is, until I decided, at 26, I decided I wanted to be a writer. Writing is the fire in my belly, it gets me up each day and keeps me moving, but music never leaves a person.​ In some ways I'll always consider myself an ex-muso

Why a street team?:
As an indie author, I get access to promotion I wouldn't normally.  As a street team member you get access to an author you wouldn't normally.   
If you'd like to join Ashley and other members, click here to read the complete lowdown and how to join.



ABOUT THE AUTHOR

D L Richardson is the author of speculative fiction. She has three teen novels and one short story anthology published. Her first novel reached number 2 at OmniLit and number 38 at Kobo Books. Her second reached number 1 at OmniLit. Little Red Gem is her third novel and recently won 2nd place Best Books of 2013 Paranormal Cravings. She lives in Australia on the NSW south coast with her husband and dog.


Contact information

Email                   dlrichardsonbooks@bigpond.com 
Blog           www.dlrichardsonwrites.blogspot.com
Website          www.dlrichardson.com Facebook      http://goo.gl/560JXl  
Twitter              www.twitter.com/#!/DLRichardson1



No comments:

Post a Comment