Friday, 22 November 2013

Book trailer for Little Red Gem YA novel by D L Richardson featured on USA today

Friends,

Writing is as much as about connection and promotion as it is about writing. Writers are followers of other writers, and sometimes this "followship" is for support, other times it is to keep up with promotional and writing tips and tricks.

Brinda Berry writes YA paranormal romance and when she provided a connection on her blog about where to submit a book trailer for a romance novel I said to myself "great". Then I said to myself "hang on, I don't have a romance novel to promote." Never mind. I stored that little nugget of information into my diary because I knew I was planning on writing a YA paranormal romance very soon. 


D L's writing tip #1
Keep a notebook or diary or file on your computer to store bits of information that you think you might need in the future. It is time consuming, if not impossible, to track this information down later. Writers often have many ideas floating around inside their head, so you can create a folder or file with working title, basic plots and outlines, things you want to research, things you overhear, and links to sites or information that might come in handy when you eventually turn that thought into a work in progress.


D L's writing tip #2
Don't forget to write down the name of the person who gave you a certain tip so you can thank them for it later. This works two-fold, it keeps you connected, and it might open up an avenue for you to talk about your success on their blog or newsletter.

So this leads me to how I followed a tip from Brinda Berry and how it paid off to keep this information stored someone handy. I submitted my book trailer to USA Today's Robin Covington and success!! She liked it and featured it. Here is what Robin had to say as well as the book trailer for you to check out.

Robin recs trailers for 'Little Red Gem,' 'Just Like Heaven'

 
What I love about the book trailer for Little Red Gem by D.L. Richardson is the fact that the author performs an original song for the video. As a singer myself, it really impressed me that she combined all of her talents — writing, songwriting and singing — to bring this poignant YA paranormal to life. Well done!http://www.usatoday.com/story/happyeverafter/2013/11/21/book-trailers-dl-richardson-caryn-moya-block-clarissa-carlyle/3659357/


Robin Covington writes sizzling contemporary romance. Her stories burn up the sheets ... one page at a time. She loves her family, tasty man eye candy and comic books. Her website is RobinCovingtonRomance.com.


 
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed the book trailer. If you want any tips on how to record and make a book trailer, just let me know.
D L


Got something to say? Please feel free to use the comments box.



ABOUT THE AUTHOR

D L Richardson is the author of speculative fiction. She has three teen novels and one short story anthology published. Her first novel reached number 2 at OmniLit and number 38 at Kobo Books. Her second reached number 1 at OmniLit. Little Red Gem is her third novel and recently won 2nd place Best Books of 2013 Paranormal Cravings. She lives in Australia on the NSW south coast with her husband and dog.


Contact information

Email                   dlrichardsonbooks@bigpond.com 
Blog           www.dlrichardsonwrites.blogspot.com
Website          www.dlrichardson.com Facebook      http://goo.gl/560JXl  
Twitter              www.twitter.com/#!/DLRichardson1

No comments:

Post a Comment