Saturday, 21 December 2013

Brinda Berry release - Watcher of Worlds (book 3 in Whispering Woods series)


http://www.amazon.com/Watcher-Worlds-Whispering-Woods-Brinda-ebook/dp/B00HEVPRQ0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1387458965&sr=8-2&keywords=brinda+berryNEW RELEASE SPOTLIGHT AND INTERVIEW
 
It's my pleasure to promote this latest novel by Brinda Berry.
 
Watcher of Worlds
By Brinda Berry
Whispering Woods Book 3
Novel
Renegade YA, LLC
YA Fantasy/Romance
$5.99
ISBN: 978-1-941133-00-2
 
Senior year should bring fun, friends and happiness. Not portals, treachery, and murder.
 
Seventeen-year-old Mia Taylor, gatekeeper to an interdimensional portal, wants nothing more than to heal from her romance gone wrong. Illegally falling for her co-worker Regulus had been a huge mistake. But when Regulus goes rogue to hunt down a murderer, Mia must forget her broken heart and use her unique abilities to save him. Traveling across dimensions, she enters a strange and hostile world where a rebel faction holds the key to their escape. Her gift of synesthesia is in high demand, and a secret organization of the otherworldly kind has her in their sights. But sabotage and murder may be the least of her worries. Her ex-boyfriend wants a relationship. Her dad wants her to act normal. Her friends want her to stop moping. Who knew faking happy would be the easiest part of senior year?
 

CAN'T WAIT TO READ THIS BOOK? THEN CLICK HERE TO BUY IT IMMEDIATELY. STRAIGHT TO YOUR KINDLE. START READING TODAY.
 


Watcher of Worlds (releasing December 20, 2013), EXCERPT:
Jingle Bells

I detested planned surprises.

I could read the expectation in the air from the shimmery orange vibe that glowed like a Cheetos binge gone bad.

A few months ago, my friends had discovered my secret. The secret I’d hidden so teachers and doctors wouldn’t treat me like an amped up sensory perception freak. So friends wouldn’t ask.

Synesthesia. The condition sounded like the name of an electronic punk band. I’d made the full round of emotions about my sensory perception and being able to find portals. First, I’d hid it like you hide an ugly rash. Later, I’d learned to trust my friends with my secret. I’d even embraced it.

Now, I was back to wishing for normal.

Working with Regulus and Arizona was like playing Pop Goes the Weasel—a surprise around every corner. And did I mention I hate surprises?

Give me predictable any day. Then I could be ready. It’s why I made sure I knew the contents of every box under the Christmas tree.
 


AUTHOR BIO:
 
Brinda Berry is the author of The Waiting Booth (Whispering Woods #1),Whisper of Memory (Whispering Woods #2), and  Watcher of Worlds (Whispering Woods #3). She also contributed a short story to the anthology, Wild at Heart, Vol II.

Currently working in higher education administration, she spends her days thinking of ways to improve education for college students. Brinda spends her nights devising exciting tales that involve teens who might be saving the world.

Connect with Brinda on the Web:

WEB     BLOG     FACEBOOK    TWITTER   GOODREADS    YOUTUBE

 
2011 INTERVIEW FROM BRINDA'S DEBUT NOVEL RELEASE:

In September 2011, I interviewed Brinda for my blog. I thought I would post some of the original interview today, and then you can ask Brinda in the comments box if any of these things have changed.

Tell me 3 things about yourself using words beginning with D  : 
I'm a daydreamer, deliberate, and durable.  I think these show the conflicting sides of my nature. From the time I was a kid, I would dream up stories. If I wrote down every scene I thought about, I'd be sitting in a room piled high with my own manuscripts.  On the other hand, I do have the practical side. I'm a list maker. I'm deliberate about what needs to be done to accomplish a goal, and then I set about doing it.  I'm also durable. I think of myself as a strong person.

 

Tell me 3 things about your novel using words beginning with L  : 
Three L words come to mind when I think about The Waiting Booth: loyalty, laughter, and love. The main character, Mia, is very loyal to her family and friends. This is one of her best character traits. Personally, I enjoy being around people who make me laugh. Mia has several upbeat friends who each have a great sense of humor. Last, Mia's not the type who falls for every guy who comes along, so she’s not experienced in the love department. As a matter-of-fact, she’s never even had a boyfriend. So, romantic feelings are a new thing for her.
 
What is your all time favourite YA novel? 
That is truly a difficult question. I think my answer might change every year. Last year, I loved Beautiful Creatures by Garcia and Stohl. Last month, I read Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver.  I cried like a baby over that book. Sorry…I can’t pick just one.
 
How long have been writing for? 
Fifteen years ago, I wrote a romance book and began querying agents and publishers. I became disillusioned with that process and gave up. Two years ago, I decided to do it right. I took classes on the writing craft and business and wrote The Waiting Booth.
 
 
Do you plan your novels? If so, do you use an existing formula or did you create your own style?
Yes, I planned The Waiting Booth on a spreadsheet and outlined each chapter. For Book 2, I didn't outline to the same detail. I'm evolving and learning about what works for me. I need a little structure, but I don't want to feel guilty if I stray off course.
 
Did you do any creative writing or editing courses prior to writing The Waiting Booth? And if so, did the course/s help? 
Yes, I'm a course junkie. I belong to several writers’ groups, and they all offer wonderful courses. I've had to stop myself from signing up for a course when I don't have enough time to do it justice. Did I mention that I taught English in the past? No? You would think that qualifies anyone to write stellar fiction, but it doesn’t.
MORE BOOKS BY THIS AUTHOR
http://www.amazon.com/Waiting-Booth-Whispering-Woods-ebook/dp/B005D7F7US/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1311039388&sr=8-5
 
 
 



ABOUT THE AUTHOR

D L Richardson is the author of speculative fiction. She has three teen novels and one short story anthology published. Her first novel reached number 2 at OmniLit and number 38 at Kobo Books. Her second reached number 1 at OmniLit. Little Red Gem is her third novel and recently won 2nd place Best Books of 2013 Paranormal Cravings. She lives in Australia on the NSW south coast with her husband and dog.


Contact information

Email                   dlrichardsonbooks@bigpond.com 
Blog           www.dlrichardsonwrites.blogspot.com
Website          www.dlrichardson.com Facebook      http://goo.gl/560JXl  
Twitter              www.twitter.com/#!/DLRichardson1
 

 

 

4 comments:

  1. Your book sounds great, Brinda! I'm looking forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sara. Thanks for taking time away from your writing cave. You have been busy! :)

      Delete
  2. I have a question Brinda. What was your favourite YA book of 2013?
    D L

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read so many terrific YA books in 2013, including your book Feedback! That's a tough question. I have to go with The Raven Boys (and the second book in the series, The Dream Thieves) by Maggie Steifvater. Yours?

      Delete