Thursday, 10 April 2014

Coffee chat with Dani-Lyn Alexander

Greetings everyone!

It's my pleasure to welcome prolific suspense/romance author Dani-Lyn Alexander into my virtual coffee lounge. An informal chat is a great way to get to know more about an author and to find out about their latest project. Details on Dani-Lyn's latest book will follow the coffee chat. And be sure to read on because there's a GIVEAWAY happening with this new release through HarperImpulse (an imprint of HarperCollins) where you can win Amazon Gift Cards.

COFFEE CHAT


DL: Firstly, how do you have your coffee?
Dani-Lyn: I take it with milk.

DL: What is your latest book about?
Dani-Lyn: Anonymous is a story about a woman whose husband leaves her. At a friend’s urging, she reluctantly decides to try the world of online dating. Of course, she gets a lot more than she bargained for.

DL: You write a few genres. Is there anything you won’t write?
Dani-Lyn: I don’t think I would write non-fiction. I would have no clue what to write about.
author Dani-Lyn Alexander
DL: Do you have a muse? If yes, who or what is it? If not, why?
Dani-Lyn: My younger brother, Chris, is my muse. He passed away three years ago, three months before I started writing my first book. We shared a love of reading, and I often feel his influence when I write.

DL: What is a typical writing day for you?
Dani-Lyn: If I get up early, I like to write a little before the kids get up and before I have to go to work. I typically set aside late nights for writing. I curl up in bed with my three-year-old son. He plays games on his ipad, and I write on my laptop. It’s one of my favorite parts of the day!

DL: Many authors have dogs. Do you have pets that keep you company while you write? Dani-Lyn: I have a Golden Retriever named Winnie and my daughter’s Australian Shepherd, Mushu.

DL: What are some other ways you keep your creative juices flowing?

Dani-Lyn: Cleaning! Whenever I clean, I sort of zone out and let my characters have free reign. I also play with the kids. Role playing games are wonderful for creativity, and kids have fantastic imaginations.

DL: If God is a DJ, what song would you ask him to play?

Dani-Lyn: Through the Years, by Kenny Rogers, has always held a special place in my heart.

DL: Do you prefer cake or biscuits with your coffee?

Dani-Lyn: Cake. Preferably chocolate! J

 


COVER REVEAL

Anonymous
by Dani-Lyn Alexander

BLURB:
What happens when an online date is not what it seems?

After Ali's heart is broken, she decides to try Anonymous, a new dating website where you can retain complete anonymity while you search for your soul mate. When she discovers Joe, she thinks she may have at least found a new friend and decides to put her past behind her and move on.
Several death threats and an attempt on her life force her back into contact with her soon-to-be ex, Mark, who is the lead detective on the case. The tension builds between them while Ali struggles to get over Mark, and Mark races to find the maniac who's trying to kill her.

When Ali meets up with her online flame, she finds he's anything but the friend she imagined…

ABOUT/CONNECT
About Dani-Lyn:

Dani-Lyn Alexander lives on Long Island with her husband, three kids and three dogs. She loves spending time with her family, at the beach, the playground, or just about anywhere. In her spare time, which is rare, she enjoys reading and shopping—especially in book stores. Some of her favorite things include; Bernese Mountain Dogs, musicals, bubble baths and soft blankets. She’s an incurable insomniac and has an addiction to chocolate.
 
Connect with Dani-Lyn:
 

AND NOW FOR THE GIVEAWAY 
 

3 comments: