Sunday, 19 October 2014

Halloween reading list

Whether or not you're into Halloween, if you love reading creepy stories then it's a great time of the year to check out what you can add to your reading pile or see how many books you're read that others have read.

I love reading horror, ghost stories, science fiction, and with Halloween just around the corner I thought I'd put together a Halloween reading list of the books I've read. Doubtless I've missed many great reads off this list so feel free to comment with your favourite Halloween reads.


Poison in the Pond by D L Richardson
 


This is a story I wrote way back in 1996 when I first began writing. I was heavily in Koontz and King and wanted to write like them. Along the way I took a writing detour but I've had the chance to edit this and now it is a novella. It's creepy and dark and doesn't have a happy ending at all. If you like dark endings, you might enjoy this.
 
LOOKOUT FOR AMAZON FREE READ THIS HALLOWEEN OCTOBER 28 - 31

 
Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice
 

Other Anne Rice novels to add. The Mummy, Lestat, Tales of the Body Thief.
 
Phantoms by Dean Koontz
 


Any other Koontz to add. Pretty much anything by Dean Koontz will suit you for a Halloween read. he's my favourite author. I've read so many of his books.
 
Fun House, Dragon Tears, Mr Midnight, Tick Tock, Intensity, Life Expectancy. Strangers. Shattered.
 
 
Except False Memory. I can't finish it.
 
 
Robocalypse by Daniel H Wilson
 
 
The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins
 

Why have I put this dystopian fiction novel on this list. Because it's scary that we could end up doing this for real one day.

Cold Revenge by Catherine Cavendish
 
 
The Best of Robert Westrall Vol I and II
 
 
Shrike by Joe Connelly
 

The Hungry Moon by Ramsey Campbell


The Tommyknockers by Stephen King
 
 
No Halloween read collection is complete without a Stephen King novel. As with Koontz, you can add many books to your reading pile. Though if you ask me Dean Koontz is the better of the two. But hush that's our little secret.
 
Other King books to read: Cell, The Stand, Carrie, The Shining, Nightmares and Dreamscapes.
 
 
 Except these books - these are crap. Gerald's Game. Needful Things.
 
 
How did I do? Is my list good or bad? Let me know your must reads this Halloween.
 
 

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

D L Richardson is the author of speculative fiction. She has three teen novels and one short story anthology published. The Bird With The Broken Wing reached number 2 at OmniLit and number 38 at Kobo Books. Feedback reached number 1 at OmniLit. Little Red Gem is her third novel and recently won 2nd place Best Books of 2013 Paranormal Cravings and the book trailer which features an original song performed by the author appeared on USA Today website. She lives in Australia on the NSW south coast with her husband and dog.

Contact information

Email                   dlrichardsonbooks@bigpond.com 
Blog           www.dlrichardsonwrites.blogspot.com
Website          www.dlrichardson.com
Facebook      http://goo.gl/560JXl  
Twitter              www.twitter.com/#!/DLRichardson1

No comments:

Post a Comment