Thursday, 16 October 2014

New release - Poison in the Pond by D L Richardson

Welcome

If you've read my earlier works you'll notice they're young adult fiction. I didn't always write YA fiction. I sort of took a round the world trip with my writing. when I began writing I was heavily into books by Dean Koontz, Stephen King, Anne Rice. I wanted to write suspense/horror just like them. But all journeys have detours and side roads. My detour was into young adult fiction.

I've always loved reading and writing speculative fiction. As long as my writing has that element then I'm happy to write for teens or adults. Adults like to read my teen books and teens like to read my adult books. How this works is that I don't write sexual content. I'm okay with that too.

Anyway, in 1996 I write my second novel titled Poison in the Pond. It never got published. It got shelved in a drawer and I moved onto my next project. This story of a girl driven mad by a mad man has always intrigued me so I decided to edit it. The result is a novella which I've released today.


http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OIOW5R0


Poison in the Pond

Karen Malcolm escaped with her life after a week of being held hostage in her own home by a mad man named Cain. He got life behind bars and she got a new life as a future wife of Doctor Tyler Carlisle and mother of his young daughter Jess. But Karen won’t escape the nightmare that follows when Cain contacts her from prison to beg forgiveness. Instead she discovers that there are things in the dark that even the bag guys are afraid of, including Cain. When Karen is caught up in Cain's web of madness it places the life of her new daughter at risk because Cain doesn't come alone this time. Once more Karen will face her attacker. Yet this time the madness that he leaves behind is like poison in her veins.


It's a story of how one person's poison can affect another. If you let it. The original ending was different, it ended and everyone got their happily ever after. When I re-wrote the ending I didn't give it a happy ending. I'd love to hear if you prefer the happy ending or this one.

Available to buy from Amazon Kindle

I hope you enjoy reading, and look out for more titles for adults coming December and 2015. I'm currently taking a break from writing young adult fiction. On the cards for 2015 to 2017 are a sci-fi series and a dystopian trilogy. I hope you can stick around for this journey.

Best
DL



ABOUT THE AUTHOR

D L Richardson is the author of speculative fiction. She has three teen novels and one short story anthology published. The Bird With The Broken Wing reached number 2 at OmniLit and number 38 at Kobo Books. Feedback reached number 1 at OmniLit. Little Red Gem is her third novel and recently won 2nd place Best Books of 2013 Paranormal Cravings and the book trailer which features an original song performed by the author appeared on USA Today website. She lives in Australia on the NSW south coast with her husband and dog.

Contact information

Email                   dlrichardsonbooks@bigpond.com 
Blog           www.dlrichardsonwrites.blogspot.com
Website          www.dlrichardson.com
Facebook      http://goo.gl/560JXl  
Twitter              www.twitter.com/#!/DLRichardson1

 



No comments:

Post a Comment