Sunday, 26 July 2015

Movie review: The Terminator Genisys

I love the Terminator franchise. So I hurried down to watch the latest instalment, Terminator Genisys.

O.M.G. This is my favourite movie in the franchise.

The blurb is this:

When John Connor (Jason Clarke), leader of the human resistance against Skynet, sends Kyle Reese (Jai Courtney) back to 1984 to protect his mother, Sarah (Emilia Clarke), from a Terminator assassin, an unexpected turn of events creates an altered timeline. Instead of a scared waitress, Sarah is a skilled fighter and has a Terminator guardian (Arnold Schwarzenegger) by her side. Faced with unlikely allies and dangerous new enemies, Reese sets out on an unexpected new mission: reset the future.
 
Now, there are bad reviews that say this movie has killed the franchise. It got poor box office sales. Don't believe the negativity. This movie does see Arnie as a caring robot. He is sent back to protect Sarah Connor as a young child.,  but hey, we knew that was coming in Terminator 2.
 
So why is it one of my favs and why did it get bad reviews? Because the tin man gets a heart.
 
Let's face it, we all wanted Data in Star Trek to achieve his dream of being human, but we needed him to be the kick-ass android and save the day. We liked Arnie as the bad-ass robot, but we also wanted him not to be "misunderstood". Way back in the day we also wanted the Tin Man to meet the Wizard of Oz and get his heart.
 
 
We got what we wanted. So we can't complain.
 
Anyway, I loved it. 5 stars for me.

Best wishes
D L
 

HOW TO KEEP IN CONTACT
 
Please follow me on Facebook, Twitter and Google+ to be kept up to date with all my latest blog posts and book news.
 
Website           www.dlrichardson.com
Facebook         http://goo.gl/560JXl  
Twitter              www.twitter.com/#!/DLRichardson1
Email                dlrichardsonbooks (at) bigpond (dot) com
 
 
ABOUT ME
 
I write speculative fiction. I've published young adult novels, a horror novellas, short stories in a range of genres but mostly science fiction, and I don't ever want to stop writingI'm passionate about sharing my experiences with other writer through workshops and conferences. My other loves are music and animals. I live in Australia on the NSW south coast with my husband and dog. When I'm not writing I can found in the garden, renovating the house, playing my musical instruments, or walking the dog.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment