Thursday, 17 November 2016

D L Richardson, Online store set up for Australian buyers of books

If you’re an Australian reader, you might notice something if you visit my website and click on the link to buy my books. I’ve set up my own online store.


 
As a self-published author, my books are uploaded to Create Space which is affiliated with Amazon. Create Space does offer the option to sell my book to other online sites where Aussie readers shop, such as Book Depository, Fishpond,  Angus & Robertson, Booktopia, Wheelers etc. However, the payment amount I receive is abysmal. 53c for a book that you’ve paid $22 for. The gap is too great to make this a viable option. So I’ve set up an online store where you can purchase the books through paypal and these are delivered in two ways – if I have stock I’ll post it via Australia Post, if I don’t have stock I’ll get it shipped directly from Create Space by purchasing the book at the author discounted price.
 
I hope you can understand my reasoning behind this. I want to ensure that Aussie readers aren’t penalised for living outside of the UK and US where Create Space and Amazon both ship from. You will save by purchasing through my online store. As much as $6 per book.

So why not go online now and check out my books and drop me a line if you’d like these signed. Happy to ship signed copies within Australia for the same price.

BUY THE BOOKS HERE
 
Thanks for stopping by.
D L Richardson

No comments:

Post a Comment