Monday, 12 June 2017

SupaNova Sydney - June 16-18. Here I come


When an author friend of mine suggested we share a table at SupaNova, I jumped at the chance. Eagerly we booked our spots like a million years ago, and this may or not have contributed to our location at the event. We are right in front of the Comic Book Super Stars and one of the rooms where the main guests will be appearing. Talk about awesome location for two little indie authors from the coastal regional area of NSW.
 
What is it?

SupaNova, Popculture convention.

Australia’s largest producer of pop culture live events for “Supa-Fans” of Movies, TV Shows, Celebrity Meet & Greets, Toys/Collectables, Gaming, Artists, Tech, Apps, YouTube Stars, Wrestling and more.

When is it?
 
Friday 16 to Sunday 18 June 2017
 
Where is it:
 
Olympic Park, Homebush, Sydney Australia
 
Who is going to be there?
 
They have some fabulous people coming to the show.
 
Chris Helmsworth
Ricky Whittle (Lincoln from The 100)
Dean Cain
Teri Hatcher
 
Plus heaps more great artists, actors and comic book creators

That's not all. 200,000 fans are projected for all of 2017 all venues. Sydney has got to be the busiest, right?

Why am I going?
 
To meet fans and sell books and merchandise. Welcome to the Apocalypse Book 1 and 2 are available and I want the world to know about it. This series is exactly what this pop culture event focuses on. I'll have merchandise, signed photos, and books.

 
It's difficult for indie authors to get books into the hands of readers. Postage is expensive to ship to book stores, and if you don't back that up with a tour a book can sit on a shelf, sell nothing, then get returned. We've got to take our goods to where they buyers are.

Who's sharing a table with me?
Mirren Hogan is an author from the same region as me. The south east coast of Australia. We each left city areas to relocate to the country. I wanted more time to write and I have to tell you, the plan has worked. Since I left the city, I've written over 7 books, 5 are published, more are waiting to be published.

Next weekend I'm making the trek back to the big smoke to join the overwhelming live circuit of SupaNova. And I can't wait.


Hope to see you there. I'll be in Table 30 opposite the Comic Book All Stars.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment